PRESS PLAY TO CHECK OUT ALL KARL NOVA'S VIDEOS! PRESS PLAY AND LISTEN TO KARL NOVA'S ODDCAST BELOW
My photo
Emcee/singer/Poet/Blog Junky. I'm a freedom writer, Truth seeker, Truth speaker. A cheeky joker. hehehe I'm on a journey and documenting my experience...If You need to holla at me, Email me here: KarlNovaBookings@gmail.com

Blog Archive

The end of one thing is the beginning of another.

Wow, happy new year. It has been a while since I have posted here. From looking at my stats, I am seeing that a lot of people check here daily so I just HAD to come through with an update. I have been so busy doing a lot of things but I always say that don't I?

2018 was one of the best years of my life and that is not an exaggeration at all! My last post on August 1st was already showing how amazing it was going but coming into the final quarter of the year things even went up a notch as far as being busy!

The summer was so hot that it inspired me to release a little afroeat flavoured EP. I knocked it together in no time, dropped it and bounced outta London to Rome! This will hold you over until my new album is ready. Listen to the EP below:



I shot a video for "International Style" which is the lead single from the EP check it out!




I enjoyed a very happy birthday in Rome. That city is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen in my life. I mean wow, it is really something that must be seen.








I landed back in London and enjoyed the last bit of summer holiday I had and hit the road again. Below is where I went. I had a festival I did before my birthday during the summer that was lovely. I have never had such a busy final quarter ever. I had the most amazing time even though it was a lot of hard work. To be able to positively affect so many people with rhythm and poetry is a joy I cannot describe.


I could give stories about every single place I went to. One of the places I got to go to was Ankara in Turkey. That trip right there was so good. I got to do some work with young people at the British Embassy School. When I landed in Istanbul, I missed my connecting flight to Ankara and this was because the flights were booked too close to each other, a delay in the flight taking off from Heathrow to begin with and me not knowing I needed a visa to get into Turkey haha. Thankfully I got to Ankara and stayed in a lovely hotel. Can I just say that Ankara is beautiful? Oh my gosh! Pics below. 










That trip right there was so good. I will never forget it! I was warmly welcomed by all the staff and the students there were so good. We did some great work. During my touring I got to pop over to Paris. It was my first time going back since 2012 when I was there for a 10 day tour after the album I did with an indie label had just been released in a very discouraging way. Paris boosted me back then! It was so good to go back! Paris still and will always do it for me. I was there at the time a riot was happening. I saw some peaceful protesters but I didn't see when it got very ugly. 




The below happened at the finale of the Whitgift junior literary festival, these guys always show me so much love!



When I went to Ivybridge Community College, I was welcomed with this beautiful mural that was made for me! 



I rounded up my year with finishing off my residency at Tithe Farm in Houghton Regis. I have been with them the whole year. I visited every Friday. I am telling you, doing that stretched me and caused me to grow probably more than all the other places I have been the whole year. I truly treasure my visits there. The students and I have done some very creative things. The staff there are warm, welcoming and friendly. I am happy I am getting to be there with them this year. They made this lovely display for me.


On the same day I did my last date, I got to host and even drop a verse at The Write House which held all the way in Ashford, Kent. I just took it as my end of the year party and it was such a good night!



I just want to say if there is any student or teacher or anyone at all who I have come in contact with as a result of what I do reading this, I just want to say thank you. I honestly don't take any of this for granted at all. Thank you for checking me out, inviting me to share, thank you for listening, thank you for reading. I think this is the year I realised more than ever that more people check me out more than I thought. 



I think I will end this blog entry by posting a link to an interview I did with Nikki Gamble of Just Imagine. It was an interview that went on their "In the reading corner" podcast. It was recorded in Birmingham City University after I had just done a performance/presentation as well as workshop with some teachers in training. That was another memorable day because getting to do that meant a lot to me. I love Birmingham, it holds some very nice memories and I love getting to do things in Universities, I consider it an honour. Click below to listen and may this year be a great year for you! 


posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Older Post Home

PLTFRM SE7EN EP [SIDE A]

Deleted Scenes Mixtape

Outside My Bubble Mixtape [Side B]

Outside My Bubble Mixtape [Side A]

just as I AM: The Prequel [Special Edition]

Welcome to my world!

PLTFRM SE7EN [SIDE B]

The Frustrated Artist [Mixtape]

Made Em On My Phone [Outtakes]

Made 'Em On My Phone [Deluxe Version]

Skanksgivin' [Special Edition]


Recent Comments