PRESS PLAY TO CHECK OUT ALL KARL NOVA'S VIDEOS! PRESS PLAY AND LISTEN TO KARL NOVA'S ODDCAST BELOW
My photo
Emcee/singer/Poet/Blog Junky. I'm a freedom writer, Truth seeker, Truth speaker. A cheeky joker. hehehe I'm on a journey and documenting my experience...If You need to holla at me, Email me here: KarlNovaBookings@gmail.com

Blog Archive

What Chu Sayin'?

This is probably going to be the baitest blog I’ve ever written in a while. (Definition of Bait: It is an adjective that describes when something is being made so obvious. This is London slang at it’s finest) Anyway even though it is so bait here it goes.

In this media driven, digital social networking world we live in, good communication is everything. That right there sounds like such an understatement but the more I think about it, the more I realise how true this is.

As I’ve been online blogging, tweeting and facebooking the need to effectively communicate becomes even more glaring, the reason why social networking online has blown up the way it has is because we humans have a deep need to connect and be part of something, we have a deep need to be heard and validated, it is something we cannot escape from, it is our nature. It's like I can almost say communication is as necessary as breathing. (well kinda right?)

I really hate being misunderstood (don’t we all?) but it is something that is bound to happen because most times we don't really listen to each other or want to see another person's point of view, I guess that’s why the saying “seek to understand before seeking to be understood” is such a deep saying. Easier quoted than practised.

It’s not just important to understand what is being said but you need to understand something in its proper context as well. You see when something is taken out of context it takes on a whole new meaning. It’s like in hip hop when a producer samples something from an old track and puts it in a whole new track, that sampled piece of music can mean something totally different from where it was cut from. (well something like that but you get me right?)

Communication happens all the time and so fast, even your circumstances “communicate” something to you and the decisions we all make are determined by how we read, understand and respond to our circumstances. Actually to be more accurate we respond to the interpretation of the circumstances more than the actually circumstances themselves.

Another thing that happens all the time is the internal dialogue that we have with ourselves and believe it or not it happens all the time. I know it’s uncomfortable when we see someone talking to themselves out loud (I mean they could like be really mentally ill or something right? Have you ever seen someone like that on a train or bus?) but that whole “talking to ourselves” thing is what we do all the time and the more aware we are of this the better because there is a dominant theme going on inside us that influences all our decisions and how we see the world.

So what chu sayin’?

posted under |

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

'It’s not just important to understand what is being said but you need to understand something in its proper context as well. You see when something is taken out of context it takes on a whole new meaning. It’s like in hip hop when a producer samples something from an old track and puts it in a whole new track, that sampled piece of music can mean something totally different from where it was cut from. (well something like that but you get me right?)'

Yep, if something is taken out of it's frame of reference, it sure does take on a different meaning. ten people can say the same thing but come with it from a different place, and it could mean something different altogether to each of them.

'we humans have a deep need to connect and be part of something, we have a deep need to be heard and validated, it is something we cannot escape from, it is our nature. It's like I can almost say communication is as necessary as breathing. (well kinda right?)'

And a deep need to be understood. Not necessarily to be agreed with, but mainly to be understood.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

PLTFRM SE7EN EP [SIDE A]

Deleted Scenes Mixtape

Outside My Bubble Mixtape [Side B]

Outside My Bubble Mixtape [Side A]

just as I AM: The Prequel [Special Edition]

Welcome to my world!

PLTFRM SE7EN [SIDE B]

The Frustrated Artist [Mixtape]

Made Em On My Phone [Outtakes]

Made 'Em On My Phone [Deluxe Version]

Skanksgivin' [Special Edition]


Recent Comments